Cosmetic Tattoo that gives the illusion of a close buzz cut hairstyle on a bald head or can add density to a thinning hair line. This procedure is considered the #1 hair loss solution for men that would like to achieve a natural blended look.
Scalp Micropigmentation is non-invasive and requires no down time.
Pricing will be discussed and you can have your procedure started the same day.
How much is this procedure?
The cost for the procedure can vary depending upon the amount of hair loss you currently have. The average ranges from $1,500-$3,000. .
How many treatments will I need?
To achieve the most natural results, most clients can expect between 2-3 sessions to complete their treatment depending on the extent of hair loss or scarring. Some clients may require a 4th treatment. These treatments are usually spaced about 10-30 days apart.
How long do the results last?
The results are permanent. After completion of the procedure you should expect the strength of the color to last for many years. Over a longer term, you will notice that the color will gradually begin lightening (not discoloring). When this occurs you can undergo a brief “touch up” session to restore any fading.
How bad is the pain?
For most of our clients, the pain is minimal and it’s consistently less painful than traditional tattoos. After your session, you won’t experience any further discomfort. Topical Cream can be use to numb your scalp if the procedure becomes to painful.
Can you have the treatment if you have gray hair?
Yes, those with gray hair can still benefit from the SMP procedure. First, most clients are recommended to cut their hair to a short buzzed length. When this is done, gray hair does not appear as gray because the hair root itself is darker. Hair only shows gray as it gets longer. Second, we use a gray-scale pigment that can be adjusted in shade to blend with lighter hair tones. We simply create a lighter dilution for blending into the existing gray hairs.
Scalp Micropigmentation Pre and Post Procedure Instructions
How many sessions will I need?
Most clients will require 2-3 sessions. Aggressive fading often associated with treatments by other providers is uncommon when using genuine Scalpa ink as the formulation is the highest quality. Additional treatments will increase the density or the number of ink dots in one area. More density will result in a darker, more natural look, which will help integrate the procedure into any remaining hair. However, it’s always better to work conservatively and not do too much too quick. If you are covering scars, you are more likely to require more sessions as scar tissue absorbs ink more readily, resulting in more significant fading. Treatments on clients with Alopecia may still be completed after 2-3 sessions. However, the sessions are likely to be longer, especially if the client is suffering from aggressive Alopecia Areata, patchy hair loss, or Alopecia Totalis, the total loss of all head hair.
Is the treatment painful?
Scalp Micropigmenation requires a small needle to be inserted into the upper dermis of the scalp. A certain amount of discomfort is inevitable; however, most clients report the sensation to be nothing more than mildly irritating, even therapeutic. The general consensus is that the pain varies from a 3-4 out of 10. Some parts of the scalp, for example the temporal regions and the hairline, can be more sensitive. Additionally, some people experience more discomfort than others, and people who have used hair systems for a long period of time, or have a significant amount of scar tissue to cover, are also prone to a higher pain level. Pain can be minimized with an over the counter painkiller before each session as well as with application of numbing products.
What is the recovery period?
You will experience some redness and swelling on the scalp for a few days after the procedure. The pigment initially will appear a few shades darker and can take one to seven days to lighten, and in rarer cases up to 14 days. Bruising can also occur which may cause the treated area to appear darker or to appear slightly blue. This is relatively uncommon affecting approx. 1 in 10 clients, and goes away after a few days.
I’m a hair system user.
If you normally wear a hair system, rug, or hairpiece, be sure to NOT to wear the hair system for 10-14 days to allow skin to breathe. By not doing so, you will take the chance that the procedure will not take properly.
I have transplant scars.
Scar tissue reacts different for each client, so therefore, those areas will be approached with extra caution and may require a greater number of treatments. In addition, you should come back within five to seven days or when swelling disappears for a session that strengthens the fast fading pigment in the scar area. Treatment duration ranges from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the treated area.
I have recently undergone laser treatment.
Scar tissue reacts different for each client, so again, those areas will be approached with extra caution and may require a greater number of treatments. In addition, the client should come back within five to seven days or when swelling disappears for a session that strengthens the fast fading pigment in the scar area. Treatment duration ranges from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the treated area.
· Wash your scalp with a non-abrasive, gentle shampoo the week prior to your procedure. If experiencing breakouts on your scalp please see a dermatologist or appropriate medical doctor to resolve this issue prior to your procedure.
· After washing the scalp, moisturize the skin with some form of skin moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated. Doing so will allow the ink to be properly absorbed.
· Refrain from sun tanning to avoid burning and peeling of the skin.
· If you are extremely sensitive to pain, mention before treatment for possible options or seek medical advice prior to procedure.
· You may bring a clean hat or scarf to loosely cover your head after the treatment, if so desired.
· Please do not wear a hair piece at least 10-14 days prior to your scheduled procedure. As wearing a hair piece may limit oxygen flow to the scalp and the ink may not be fully absorbed into the follicle.
· Please do not use a razor on your scalp within 24 hours of the scheduled procedure. It is critical that we see all native hair in order to properly blend the hair follicles.
For Seven Days After Procedure:
· Do not touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers, they may have bacteria on them and create an infection.
· Apply your favorite antibiotic ointment or Vaseline 3-5 times daily until the procedure area has healed. Always use a clean cotton swab and not your fingertips.
· No make-up, sun, soap, sauna, Jacuzzi, swimming in chlorine pools or in the recreational bodies of water, contact with animals, gardening for 7-10 days, (until area is completely healed) post procedure and after all touch-ups.
· Before bathing, gently apply a light coating of Vaseline on the procedure area using a clean
cotton swab. Continue this regime until the procedure area has completely healed.
· Do not rub or traumatize the procedure area while it is healing (pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue).
· Use a “total sun block” after the procedure area has healed to prevent future fading of
· Do not use products that contain AHA’s on the procedure area. Example: Glycolic, Lactic Acids. Always check your product labeling, it will fade your pigment color!
· If you are a blood donor, you may not give blood for 1 year following your Permanent Make-up application (per Red Cross).
· Touch-up visits should be scheduled between 30-45 days post procedure.
· Permanent Make-up procedures are a two-step process. Results are not determined until touch-up application is completed.
· If you have any questions or concerns please notify your technician immediately.
· If you experience any itching, swelling, blistering or any other complications post-procure, stop using product and call your technician immediately. You may be allergic to the aftercare product you are using!
· Please follow these instructions for the best healing.